Another church designed and built by the Hague family in 1868. The imposing site of this church is on the summit of a drumlin hill on the Dublin side of Cavan town and it is surrounded by a square graveyard.
St. Brigid’s Church like all those designed by William Hague, is a fine cut-stone building in the Gothic-revivalist style. It was dedicated by Bishop Nicholas Conaty on the 2 February 1868.
Further repair work was done in 1969 and it was re-roofed in recent years and in 2005 new seating was installed.